Manuel van Höben
· Zuloark (pedagogies & research). Permanent Advisor. http://www.zuloark.com/
· MEDS (Meeting of Design Students). Permanent Advisor. http://www.meds-workshop.com/
Expected PhD in Sociology. ISCTE-CIES. Lisbon, Portugal.
Thesis: Urban Speeches. Cultural Perception of Time and Space as Urban Basis
2014 Master in Culture and Communication. University of Lisbon. Lisbon, Portugal. Dissertation: “Steps Towards an Urban Speech”.
2011 Degree (4 years – equivalent to BA + MA) in Communication, Advertising and Public Relations. University of Alicante. Alicante, Spain.
2010 Minor Year, Business Communication, University Paris Dauphine. Paris, France.
PREVIOUS SCIENTIFIC AND/OR PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES
· 2013. Leader at Urban Parliaments MEDS Reaction LX 2013, Graça (w. A. Buono and A. Garcia-Pinillos). Driving the first experiences on Urban Parliaments by Zuloark. Constitution of the first Declaration of Urban Rights. Lisbon. Portugal. urbanparliamentmedsreaction.wordpress.com
· 2014. Feb. Taught: Comunicação Política e Propaganda. Mestrado em Ciencias da Comunicação e da Cultura. Universidade de Lisboa.
ART INTERVENTION PROJECTS
· 2013. Advisor and Tutor on Action 7 “Seeding seats” (w. K. Slõg). MEDS Reaction LX 2013. Urban placemaking and space reconfiguring by ordinary urban furniture and social cultural intervention.
· 2013. Advisor on action 11 “RE.face” (w. L. Petrak, A. Vuk, F. Rossati). MEDS Reaction LX 2013. Urban recovery and space making by artistic implementation on depressed facades and forgotten spaces.
On-line Publications, Editor.
- 2013 – Urbitat. Urban Cultural Anthropology. Research & Professional blog
- 2013 – Urban Parliaments Graça. MEDS Reaction LX 2013. Aug 2013. Lisbon. Portugal.
CONFERENCE AND PANEL ORGANIZATION, AND PAPER PRESENTATIONS
- 2013 – Half-done city [The city has never been inaugurated and it will never be finished]. V Urban Parliament Session. Triennale of Architecture of Lisbon on A Realidade e Outras Ficções, Close Closer and Zuloark. Oct. 2013. Lisbon, Portugal.
- 2014 – Art(s) in the City. Chronicles of a Spray Can. Lisbon Street Art & Urban Creativity International Conference. Faculdade de Belas Artes Universidade de Lisboa. DOI: 10.13140/2.1.3668.8961
Member of the EASA – European Association of Social Anthropologists
Member of the APA – Associação Portuguesa de Antropologia
Collaboration with Zuloark Collective, Madrid, Spain.
Collaboration with Project for Public Spaces (PPS), New York, US
- Spanish – Native speaker
- Catalan – Native Speaker
- English – Full professional proficiency
- French – Full professional proficiency
- Italian – Full professional proficiency
- Portuguese – Full professional proficiency – DUPLE certificate (C2 Common European Framework of Reference for Languages)
- LSE (Spanish Sign Language): Basic user
- Urban Anthropology,
- Gender Studies,
- Migration Studies
- Urban Cultural Studies,
- Social Cultural Geography
- Spatial Theory
- Cultural Geography
- Visual and Media Culture